Which Leads To A QQI Level 5 Award Now Made By QQI And Attracts 15 Credits)
This course is aimed at candidates who would like to improve their ability to deliver excellent customer service to every customer. It is suitable for staff interacting at any level with customers, either directly or on the telephone.
What are the Benefits of undertaking this training?
- Gain a national QQI Level 5 Customer Service Award ref (5N0972)
- Increase your emotional intelligence
- Increase customer service and support standards
- Improve customer satisfaction
- Increase customer sales
This highly interactive training programme includes:
- Customer Service Principles
- Customer Service Excellence
- Emotional Intelligence
- Communication Skills
Unit 1 - Introduction
- Principles of Customer Service
- Enhancing Organisational Success with Customer Service
Unit 2 - Excellent Customer Service
- Key Features of Excellent Customer Service
- Making a Great Impression
- Different Kinds of Customers
- Meeting Customer Needs
- Catering for Diversity and Disability
- Understanding Customer Perceptions
Unit 3 - Customer Protection
- Legislation on Customer Service
- Regulatory Bodies
- Customer Protection, Representation and Redress
Unit 4 - Influencing the Customer
- Customer Perceptions
- Elements affecting Customer Service
- Conduct of Customer Service Personnel
Unit 5 - Communication Skills in Customer Service
- Appropriate communication technologies
- Oral and Written Skills
- Correspondence in Customer Service
Unit 6 - Handling Customers
- Responding to Customer Complaints
- Handling Challenging Situations and Customer Behaviours
- Customer Service strategies in handling special customers
Unit 7 - Teamwork
- Building Customer Loyalty
Unit 8 - Strategic Planning
- Market Research
- Market Segmentation
- Strategy Formulation
- Building customer loyalty
Unit 9 - Measuring and Evaluating Customer Service
- Explain Customer Service Rating System
- Measuring Customer Service
- Evaluating Staff Performance
Available on request – Group discounts also available
The grading scale is:
Pass 50% -64%
Merit 65% - 79%
Distinction 80%- 100%
Candidates must have an Irish PPS number or a UK National Insurance number to receive a QQI Certificate.
IAOT Equality and Diversity
In order to provide equal employment, learning and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at the Training for Success/IAOT will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities in compliance with all statutory and legal obligations and guidelines.
The Training for Success/IAOT do not discriminate in employment opportunities or operational practices on the basis of gender, marital status, family status, sexual orientation, disability, age, religious or political beliefs, race or membership of the travelling community, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This policy governs all aspects of the delivering of training, employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation,discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
Any employees or learners with questions or concerns about any type of discrimination in the workplace are encouraged to bring these issues to the attention of the M.D. In turn it is also the policy of Training for Success/IAOT to deliver all its programmes and services to learners in accordance with good practices and in compliance with equality legislation and regulations.
Employees and learners can raise concerns and make reports without fear of reprisal. Anyone found to be engaging in any type of unlawful discrimination will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment/course participation.
All parties involved have particular responsibility in the implementation of this policy i.e. Centre Director, Tutors and Learners.
Protection for Learners
IAOT is not subjected to section 43 of the qualifications act 1999, as the programme Customer Service (5N0972) is not delivered over a 3 month or more duration.
Transfer and Progression
Students can use this Customer Service Level 5 Component Certificate (5N0972) as credit towards anyone of the following QQI Major Awards: Business Studies (5M2102), Office Administration (5M199), Tourism with Business (5M0511), Retail Practice (5M2105), Nursing (5M4349), Early Childhood Care and Education (5M2009), Marketing (5M2069), Contact Centre Operations (5M2071), Bar Operations (5M2079), Restaurant Operations (5M20890), Hairdressing (5M3351) and Beauty Therapy (5M3471).