This course focuses on the latest practices in presentation skills especially in business and academic environments.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Identify the fundamental parameters of a good presentation
- Engage your audience and get their fullest attention
- Prepare your story, understand what you want to show and record it
- Design high-impact slides that deliver your message efficiently
- Deliver your presentation with confidence and leave a positive and memorable experience for the audience
- Control your environment to have the highest impact
- What are the implications of the size of the audience?
- How to approach the design of a presentation and learn which areas you need to focus on most?
- What types of presentations exist and what are the differences between them?
- How different types of audiences dictate different kinds of presentations?
- What techniques can you use to engage the audience such as laughter, story-telling, etc.?
- What can you do to make your presentation viral so that your audience will spread your message through word of mouth?
- How to make an engaging story that your audience will remember?
- How to have an impact?
- How to start your presentation to fully engage your audience?
- What steps do you need to take to prepare a presentation from a blank sheet all the way to a comprehensive presentation?
- How to use interactive content to engage the crowd?
- What types of content you need to produce?
- What questions do you need to ask yourself?
- How to use a minimal slide design to get maximum effect?
- How to do storyboarding?
- How to structure the slides to get maximum effect?
- What to avoid when designing your slides?
- Why certain popular features of common presentation software packages such as Power Point are not useful and what can you do about them?
- How to avoid “Death by Power Point”?
- How to place various components such as text, images and headings on your slides for maximum clarity and impact?
- How to deliver a presentation with reduced anxiety?
- How to have the correct body language so you come across as a ‘great’ presenter?
- How to become a communicator rather than act only as a presenter?
- How not to bore the crowd?
- How to handle questions?
- How to take advantage of the environment?
- What not to do during presentations which may undermine you or your message?