Terms and Conditions – Diploma in International Travel Industry Studies – QQI & CPD Certified
This course consists of a CPD/IAOT Diploma and a QQI Certificate in Cabin Crew Operations – which attracts 15 Credits under the new Common Awards System – Ref 5N5410)
Part 1 – IAOT Diploma
I am aware that in order for me to successfully complete the course and receive my Diploma, the following applies:
- I must pass my Progress Tests throughout the course.
- I must pass a selection of skill demonstrations.
- I must obtain 80% or above in my final written Examination Paper.
Part 2 – QQI Certificate
I am aware that in order for me to successfully complete the course and receive a QQI Certificate in Cabin Crew Operations the following applies:
- I must complete a written assignment, a theory test and a selection of skill demonstrations.
The grading scheme that is used for the QQI module is as follows:
Pass: 50% -64%
Merit: 65% – 79%
Distinction: 80%- 100%
- Candidates must have an Irish PPS number or a UK National Insurance number to receive a QQI Certificate.
- Candidates must have a full attendance record to receive the awards.
- IAOT does not warrant that the course material is entirely updated but will use its best endeavors to ensure that the information is updated at regular intervals.
- IAOT reserve the right to change the content, format or presentation of any of its training materials at any time, without prior notice. However, this will be done only to enhance the course.
- The writers of this course take every care to produce it as accurately as possible and is written based on the instructors’ knowledge and experience. However, the IAOT will not assume responsibility or liability for errors or omissions.
- Completion of this course does not guarantee employment.
- Criminal Record: In order to work airside, you will need to provide the airline/handling agent with a Police Clearance Certificate from any country that you have lived in.
- This course is under copyright.
- You must study and research outside classroom time as required.
- You must inform IAOT of any Special Needs that you have prior to enrolling on the programme.
- Course fees are non-refundable.
IAOT Is registered with QQI to offer programmes leading to QQI awards in the National Framework of Qualifications in Ireland.
IAOT Equality and Diversity
In order to provide equal employment, learning and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at the IAOT will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities in compliance with all statutory and legal obligations and guidelines.
The IAOT do not discriminate in employment opportunities or operational practices on the basis of gender, marital status, family status, sexual orientation, disability, age, religious or political beliefs, race or membership of the travelling community, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This policy governs all aspects of the delivering of training, employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
Any employees or learners with questions or concerns about any type of discrimination in the workplace are encouraged to bring these issues to the attention of the M.D. In turn it is also the policy of IAOT to deliver all its programmes and services to learners in accordance with good practices and in compliance with equality legislation and regulations.
Employees and learners can raise concerns and make reports without fear of reprisal. Anyone found to be engaging in any type of unlawful discrimination will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment/course participation.
All parties involved have a particular responsibility in the implementation of this policy i.e. Centre Director, Tutors and Learners.
Protection for Learners
IAOT is not subjected to section 43 of the qualifications act 1999, as the programme Cabin Crew Operations is not delivered over a 3 month or more duration.